Sunday, January 1, 2012

JOURNAL November and December

OK! So I think its a great idea to update my blog often, but fail to follow through! I'm going to do a blog of randomness.

November: November was pretty uneventful. We had school, we took a trip to the park because the weather in Utah for November has been un-seasonable, and December too. So we have been outside a bit. I had Thanksgiving at my house with quite an interesting crowd...haha. My Dad and Patty, My Mom and her Dad and his wife. It was really fun and relaxing for the most part. The turkey was not that great:( and the food is never as good if you cook it yourself. But over all it was a good day. Thanksgivings will come and go and I think with each of them comes some new memories.

December: The month started with the infamous Elf on the Shelf making his first appearance of the the season. That funny funny elf had quite an impact in my boys everyday life. Alvin (elf) made our house magical this season. Appearing here and there every morning. He was so funny. Mitchell and Garrett went to bed every night wondering where he would be the next morning. He didn't move every night, but he made sure to try. It filled our house with so much fun and magic. Mitchell became increasingly obsessed with other peoples elf too. It was truly so cute. We decided on Christmas day that the could touch there elf. It might have been THE highlight of Christmas morning. Before we got to Christmas, we did a few projects. We replaced all of the window's in our house. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! So pretty:) there will be a picture later. We also had a large amount of things that went wrong with our house. The list is always so big with an old house. So we kind of expect it- but still it never comes at a good time. The window's were just the beginning. We had to replace the floor in our kitchen, laundry and eventually in the bathroom and shower. The kitchen project was started on Christmas eve..(nice). Ben had to tear the floor up all the way to the cement floor. Once he begun, he said, "lets hire someone to do this" SO we did!! They started the day after Christmas...(again, nice). The timing is never good as I said. The hardest part is that I had to live without a washer/dryer and a an oven/stove. WOW! Did you know that its very hard to run a household without those appliances. Ok just trust me on that one. All in all the house will be in such good shape to rent when that time comes.

Pregnancy: Im 22 weeks and I feel pretty dang good! On December 12th we found out our baby is another BOY! I was a little surprised because I have felt SO different. Ben was so happy that it was another boy. Its funny, you think that you ruin the surprise by finding out before the baby is born, but we now we just can't begin to imagine what this little guy is going to be like. Mitchell and Garrett are so different so it is just as big of a mystery as ever! I have to admit that I would have loved to have a little girl. It would've been fun to have some pink and some princesses. I would have loved to have A daughter. BUT!!!! I can say with all of my heart that I love the color blue!!! And I love boys, and trains, planes, cars, legos, imagination, super hero's, silliness, loudness (sometimes), daredevilness ..(SOMETIMES)! HAHA! So very much to look forward too. We know how to do boys here! Best of all, he looks healthy, and so do I so far. For that we are eternally grateful. We are grateful to be having another baby! He is already a blessing and such a joy to us! I tend to have my babies up to 3 weeks early, so he may come in just under 4 months- CRAZY! We can't wait to meet him! And just to clear the question- will we have another child in hopes we can get a girl? NO! But we may try to have another baby!

 Boys: Mitchell has been doing school mostly. Something new was that he took Karate. It was a low cost, low key class taken at Skyline High. He loved it! I didn't so much. It was a little exhausting. Maybe we will give it another shot not that he understands what to do so that I don't have to stay the whole time. He has also been reading like a maniac. He does such a great job. He loves it! And wants a new book just about every day. Ben and I are continually impressed with his ability to sound out words. All of this I'm assuming is pretty normal. But going through this for the first time with my first child, I feel like he is a genius! Its so cool! He loves school, he loves to play inside and out. Grandpa John and Grandma Patty gave him a Nintendo DS for Christmas and he LOVES that too. HAHA! Mitchell has an enormous ...I mean ENORMOUS heart! He is such a sweet boy. We are so lucky! Of course he has his bad times and tough times, but is a well behaved boy otherwise! Garrett boy! well, I could go on for about - ever - about him. He is 2 1/2 going on 5, or 24 he says sometimes, and other ages in between. He is so dang independent most of the time- he chooses day by day if he wants to "go in the potty"! This is very frustrating as you may be able to imagine. He loves loves to sing. He smiles that dang mischievous smile so even in the hardest times- he is cute. Garrett has to do everything his way, and on his time. Garrett is my little buddy these days when we are running errands. Bottom line- a sweet heart as well!

For those of you who are still reading my..ahem-journal entry, here are some pictures.

Mitchell and Garrett "rollerblading"
If you've seen "UP" you will most positively agree that Garrett looks exactly like Mr. Fredrickson. I am so in love with this little face!
Mitchell made this pilgrim hat at school. Could'nt resist sharing- this boy; I am equally obsessed with!!
Seriously? No words!
Mitchell completed his first Karate class and loved it.
Mitchell's first Kindergarten program- so cute!
Ben's best bowling score ever. 202 That's pretty rad!!
Garrett seems to fall asleep in the strangest places. This being some newly laid tile in our kitchen.
I introduced the kids to powder doughnuts. YUMMY!!
And lastly- SILLY PUTTY! True story: December 29th I told Ben how much I loved Silly Putty. 1st. It is a fantastic stress reliever. 2nd. I found it on the floor, on the couch and laying on a shirt of one of the kids and it NEVER left a mess or stuck to it. December 30th morning: THIS is what I found!!! I no longer like silly putty. I guess I need a stress ball. It was on my sheets too as well as Mitchell's pjs. NICE!
PS it came out best by scraping a butter knife on both sides of the fabric. I used googone and it didn't help much!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Your boys are so big. I want to see all the changes you have made to the house.