Sunday, March 22, 2009

Too Bed or Not to Bed? That is the question!

So I have been put on bed rest and it has been about 3 weeks now. Last time I went into my OB he told me to go see my "Kidney Doctor". I went in and say him on Friday. He took a look at where I was in my pregnancy and what the protein in my urine was doing and checked a few other things out, and told me that my kidneys are not going to get any better with bed rest. It all has to do with the fact that up until 2 or 3 weeks ago, the baby was still small enough to not consume my body. What am I talking about you ask.... well the baby is growing so much now that his blood volume is making my kidneys work 1 and 1/2 times as hard as they were 3 to 4 weeks ago. Which means that there is nothing that they can do but deliver the baby. Now we don't need to do that because I am so close to the end, and the chances of the amount of protein being released affecting my kidneys in the long run are under 5%! Am I making any sense of myself? I have not had a chance to speak with my OB yet, but my kidney doc says "take it easy, but get back to your life a little bit more". So I have and I feel great, my blood pressure is totally normal, and I feel great. Although I am still down a little bit throughout the day, I am doing my dishes and keeping my house up a little bit more. This is so exciting to me, I am so dang happy that things are looking better. Now, I am pretty sure that he will still come on the 7th, only because according to both docs there is no sense in waiting unless they think he is abnormally small. So with allllll of that said, I am happy I am able to do things a little more, but looking forward to the beginning of April for this little guy to arrive!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I am so glad. I cannot believe it is so soon. Good luck with the next couple of weeks.

Ginger said...

Aania I am so, so happy that everything is going so well. I know how much you worried about having another baby. I can't wait to see pictures of your cute new baby boy!

Amber said...

I am happy that you are able to get around more! Let me know still if you need anything I would be glad to help out.