Today I went to a breakfast kickoff for the American Cancer Society Strides Against Breast Cancer. My very good friend and "celebrity" Abby Bonnell invited me along with her and Hope Woodside to join them at this posh breakfast for the kickoff! I bought a whole new outfit, I didn't want to embarrass her by being a slob so I went out and got some fun clothes! It was so incredible to hear these women's stories of survival and also perseverance. One women was given less than a 3% chance to get cancer again, and was in remission for 14 years and was just diagnosed with terminal cancer! Another one has 6 kids and has terminal cancer! I was in tears and so inspired at the same time. On October 11 there is a "Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk" at liberty park, it is 3 laps around the park and soooo easy. I would love it if any of you could join me for this worthy cause. There is no fee and no required donation, but if you can donate anything that would be awesome. I know that raising money for research is an investment for the future of my children and grandchildren! Come walk with me, bring the kids, hey there is free food and a cute t-shirt if you want to join a team (that costs money I think?) Let me know if any of you can come, and tell your sisters, friends, neighbors! Here are some pictures of the fun event today!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Breast Cancer Breakfast!
Today I went to a breakfast kickoff for the American Cancer Society Strides Against Breast Cancer. My very good friend and "celebrity" Abby Bonnell invited me along with her and Hope Woodside to join them at this posh breakfast for the kickoff! I bought a whole new outfit, I didn't want to embarrass her by being a slob so I went out and got some fun clothes! It was so incredible to hear these women's stories of survival and also perseverance. One women was given less than a 3% chance to get cancer again, and was in remission for 14 years and was just diagnosed with terminal cancer! Another one has 6 kids and has terminal cancer! I was in tears and so inspired at the same time. On October 11 there is a "Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk" at liberty park, it is 3 laps around the park and soooo easy. I would love it if any of you could join me for this worthy cause. There is no fee and no required donation, but if you can donate anything that would be awesome. I know that raising money for research is an investment for the future of my children and grandchildren! Come walk with me, bring the kids, hey there is free food and a cute t-shirt if you want to join a team (that costs money I think?) Let me know if any of you can come, and tell your sisters, friends, neighbors! Here are some pictures of the fun event today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aania I would love to come do the walk with you. Count me in.
Seth and I took the kids last year and did the walk on the St. Marks team. It really is such an easy walk and our dogs even got fancy handkerchiefs to sport! I imagine we will probably be there again, but I am a lot slower this year!
That is awesome Aania! I wish I could attend the event... I don't know where I'll be at with Kelton's birth though. But if there is another one of these events, please let me know! I'd love to join you!
--Jennie
Post a Comment