Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catchy upy!

We have had quite a couple of weeks! So I will go in order of what has happened, than post pictures but I won't guarantee them to be in order of when they happened!
June 18- 7 year wedding anniversary! Yeah for Ben and I!!! I was in Chicago and Ben was at Scout camp...whoot whoot!
June 18-21 Chicago! One of the funnest cities I have been too! You can read and see pics in the post below to see our adventures and woes! I had a blast and can't wait to go back though!
June 23- Trip to the Doc for Garrett, a bit of wheezing but I just thought it was a cold. I was planning on going to girls camp the next day and didn't want to leave him if he was sick, so I thought I would just get him checked! I brought him in to an insta-care right by my house and they started checking his oxygen level and after trying 3 different ways, they grabbed him from me and said, "bring the family"! I started to cry when they put him down on a table and yelled "call an ambulance" and summoned all Doctors to assist on my baby! I could not even think...... I didn't know that it was that serious, and if I thought that, I would have taken him to the ER myself! So they said his oxygen was below 75 which it should be at least above 90% so they were freaked because he is so little. I had to follow them in the ambulance up to Primary's with Mitchell which was so sad that I could not be in there with him but I had Mitchell so I couldn't. When I got to the ER, my friend Amy met me at my car and took Mitchell for me... such a great friend, and I went in to find my baby! When I arrived, they were taking him off the stretcher, he was strapped onto it in his car seat, and they said to me, "he slept the whole way here and he didn't even need oxygen"! I was than bombarded with nurses, residents, Doctors, insurance people, and receptionists asking me the....same....questions....OVER....and OVER... and OVER again!!!!! I was SOOOO frazzled! He was asleep the whole time, but than they hooked him up to all the tubes, and for a couple days we called him Pinocchio hehe. They noticed that he couldn't keep his oxygen up without being on oxygen, so they admitted him and we spent the night. All the Docs and nurses were telling me to plan on staying at least a couple days because of how young he is, and that made me depressed!!! I knew Garrett was not dying and that he would be fine, but I knew if I took him home and something happened that I would regret it! He was admitted at around 12pm and at 8pm they took him off oxygen, than he had to stay off oxygen while keeping his oxygen level up on room air for 12 to 18 hours before they would release us! So we spent the night and that was just luxury... let me tell ya! Anyway, his viral panel came back negative which means he was not sick with any of the viruses that were commonly going around, and his chest x-ray was SLIGHTLY cloudy, not enough to say the he had pneumonia. The only thing we could determine was the he is aspirating SLIGHTLY and it's enough to give him a cough! He is doing SOOO much better and as the days go by he is getting better and better with spitting up! YEAH! The laundry has about killed me!
June 25- Ben had surgery on a deviated septum and nose polyps. He needed to have this done sooner or later and chose that week to do it, of course he did! Anyway, all went well with that, and he still has to take it easy for a while, but he is doing better.
June 27- I got a UTI and Sprained my big toe- it hurt like hell!
July 3rd-4th Cherry Hill, bowling, Alpine Coaster, and fireworks for the last time at Sugarhouse Park! SOOOO fun!
Today we had an appointment at Primary's Urology for Garrett. He had a little birth defect on his... you know, anyway he will have MINOR surgery on his... you know, in October. And my car broke, so gotta get it fixed tomorrow. It has 190000 miles, is it even worth it?
OK OK! Enough of the negative! We are all recovering and doing well, I bet if you took 2 seconds to write all your crap in your life down it would be just as bad. So my chin is now up and I am seeing the positive. My boys are doing great, Garrett is laughing, and cooing and smiling and burping, farting, pooping and eating... all signs of a healthy boy! Mitchell is doing the same, but pooping and peeing in the potty! YEAH! That has been AWESOME! He has taken to it quite well and we are soooo proud of him. I took him on TRAX for his reward.... what a mom! Mitchell has also been playing soccer and the last picture you will find his idea of how the game is played. It has been so fun to see him... ummm.... lay on the field, or chase the other team for a hug! Ben's Job cut pay and hours a while ago, but are starting to get busy again, so they are working 5 days a week now which is GREAT!! Thank heaven for side work to fill in the gaps!
I am so grateful for supportive family and friends. Thank you to everyone who brought in dinner and took Mitchell for me so he didn't have to be misserable at doctors and hospitals! Now for pics!












1 comment:

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary! I forgot to say that. Sorry for all the hardships right now. When it rain, it pours. It will definitely start to get better because it always does. Keep hanging in there. The pics of Garrett and Ben's nose are so sad. I hope Ben's surgery will be well worth it once he has recovered.