This year I did my first Thanksgiving Turkey! It was kinda stressful. I think the turkey was "squaking" at me! I actually cried when pulling the gizzerd and neck....EWWWWWWWWWW! Oh that was really terrible!!! LUCKILY I can still eat it when its warm and cooked properly. BUT I think it turned out ok. I saw on the today show that if you cut the turkey in half than it cooks in 1 1/2 hrs. So with some added herbs and garlic and a LOT of butter it was yummy and well cooked in 1 1/2 hrs! We had rolls and a yummy pretzel jello and some sweet potatoes. It was lovely. Now the tree is up and the house feels like Christmas. We are starting a new tradition at our house called "The Elf on The Shelf". You should google it...its way cute!
Im excited for the holidays this year. It has been a really crazy year at our house and in our life. The details become very irrelevant when this time of year comes around and you just want to be with your family. Without the savior, the happiness, health, healing, and peace cannot be possible. I have learned so much about myself this year. I am grateful for so much love and support. I have a great family close by and about 1500 miles away too:). I wish that my family that lived outside of Utah could be close, but I know that they are close in heart, as well as doing things that will better their families. The perk...free place to stay when traveling:)! I miss them everyday. You know who you are...I am SOOOO grateful for you! I love you so much and can't wait to hang out the next time you come in to town!
Alright enough gushing! Happy Holidays:)
PS..The pics of thanksgiving were TERRIBLE...EWW! Really terrible! So just imagine a beautiful me, turkey, decorated table....ya know, I thought it would all turn out that way:)!
3 comments:
The turkey prep has to be the most stressful thing for me at Thanksgiving. I'm glad you survived!
We love you and miss you!!
Good for you, it's always so stressful the first time but really not that hard right? I agree it is so gross but it is so worth the end reward. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving turkey and all!
Wow, way to go. I could never cook one successfully. We started that book last year and love it also.
Post a Comment