Thursday, October 15, 2009

Peeping Tom and Garretts Surgery!

So you have all been asking about the story of the "peeping tom"! Well last Wednesday night I had just gotten home from YW's and the kids to bed. Ben had been home all night and than left to help some friends. I was cleaning the kitchen and than poured a bowl of cereal to go get in bed and watch tv and went to turn off the light. When I turned the light off, the house was dark and I heard a noise, not really a scary noise just a noise in my kitchen. I was trying to turn on a lamp to leave a light on for Ben and as I turned the light on, I turned my head towards the "noise" and there was a man looking in my window, like with his hands cupping his face touching my window. I scooted out of sight and thought for a minute, "was that Ben"? and I waited for a second than I ran and got my phone and called Ben. I said "where are you"? and he said he was on his way to Home Depot and I said "were you just in the back yard"? he said no and I said "ok I am calling 911" He said, "What's wrong"? I said, there was a man in our Kitchen window looking at me, I made eye contact with him" and said "I'll be right there, stay on the phone" He came home and checked everything out and couldn't find anything. When the guy made eye contact with me, he scooted back than ducked and I assume he ran. I ended up reporting it to the police and they have patrolled the neighborhood. It has shaken me, I can't help but think why he was there, to break in?, to just "peep"?, I just can't stop thinking about it and especially since the police said that he most likely knows me! It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO scary! I have not slept the same or felt the same since. I sure hope that it was at random and he NEVER comes back!

Garrett's Surgery
Garrett had surgery to fix a birth defect on his "unit". I was so nervous about the anaesthesia mostly, but it was just hard to send my baby with a strange man calling himself the anaesthesiologist. He was very nice, but I still cried. Anyway he just did SO great! Oh I am SOOO glad it is over. I was told that it had to be done since he was 2 weeks old, so I have DREADED it and I am SOOO glad it is OVER!!

I Lost Mitchell in the store
The other day, we were at the grocery store. And he is a very crazy little man sometimes, but I feel like I have control of him most the time! He slipped behind an isle and it was close to the door. I lost him that fast, he was just wondering the store, I started yelling his name and this worker woman said "have you lost your child" I said yes and she alerted ALL store employees. He was found MAYBE 2 minutes later! I tell you it was the single most SCARY 2 minutes of my entire life thus far. With all the abductor, peeping tom and just weird couple weeks, I am walking looking behind me all the time. So when they found him I wanted to SMACK him, but instead I cried. He saw me crying and he kept saying "sorry Mamma" I felt sick and so grateful that he was not taken!

Anyway, we are all doing well, just ready to go to bed!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Rough week!

Jason and Heidi said...

Girl I'm just glad you're ok. You handled everything so well!! Hope things get better and I can't wait to see you tomorrow for lunch. Loves!

Deidra said...

Wow, I just read your last 2 posts, sorry about all the crazy things that have happened to you in the last little while, what is wrong with people?? Glad everything turned out ok!