Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Update on Baby.... and Life!
I have been a blog slacker with this whole updating with the pregnancy thing! But in my life, no news is good news! I am 26 weeks, and so very grateful to NOT be on bed rest. I was put on bed rest at exactly 25 weeks last time. I was having a melt down before my last appointment about 2 weeks ago, just thinking that I was going to go to bed for the next 15 weeks, trying to take care of a 2 1/2 year old, my house, my clients, my calling, and all of the above! But as I shared my stress with, first, my Father in Heaven, and than with Dr. Froerer, I was given very good news. My Dr. compared my chart this pregnancy with Mitchell's pregnancy chart, and I am still light years ahead of where I was than. Which is such great news, and I am now just grateful for every week that I am not laying down. But, it does bring up question as to why I got Pre-eclampsia last time, the only thing different was that I was working 40 hours a week. I was feeling super great when they put me on bed rest, and I was progressing very nicely. I know, I know, I should not question this, but I am still very confused on how it happens with one pregnancy and not the other..... Again, NOT COMPLAINING!!!! Just a bit curious. Now, on to a picture of myself, well you will have to see. Maybe by the time I am done with this post I won't want to put up a picture of myself...and maybe I will!:) OK enough about me. Mitchell is doing great, and growing so fast. When people see him they say he looks bigger every time they see him. I measured him today, and he is exactly 3 feet tall. Now, the myth is that you measure them at 2 1/2 and than you double that and that is supposed to be how tall they will be when they are full grown. Which if this is true, he will be taller than Ben and I! I would love to see both my boys (and if we have more boys) be tall, I think it is hard to be short when you are a boy. Ben's Mom was 4'9" or 10" and her father was about 5' so we don't have the greatest odds for tall kids. But we will take em'! I am also in process... very slowly.... of potty training. My goal is April, wish me luck!!! Mitchell sings all day, plays all day, and in my biast opinion is a well behaved and lovely 2 1/2 year old! Ben... Ben is doing great other than he has had the worst sinus infection for the last month. He has tried lots of different remedies and even has gone into trying not to eat dairy, someone told him not to....whatever! But he is finally going to go see a doctor today. Work is going well for him, they have been laying people off, but according to his boss, he is going to be the last to go. Which is so scary, and hard to believe. Its not that I don't trust his boss, I just don't trust the economy! Anyway, that is our life these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You look darling with your little pregnant belly! Glad you are not on bedrest - keep healthy, I'm going to need a haircut after this little girl gets here next week! :)
I am so glad this pregnancy is going so much better! That is weird that you don't have any pre-clamsia with this one because they usually say once you get it you normally will always get it.
Post a Comment